Scope of Work
The Foundation's work is multifaceted:
- The work revolves around researching the life and work of Ernst Reuter and his family in the context of
- The Foundation contributes to the research on Berlin in contemporary history by organizing workshops and
conferences, by preparing exhibitions and by realizing its research projects. The results of this work appear
in two publication series which have been published since the end of 2011.
- The Foundation supports and mentors research objectives which are related to Ernst Reuter, his family, and
the contemporary history of Berlin.
- Within the framework of political education the Foundation hosts classes and lectures.
- The Foundation strives to complement Ernst Reuter's estate, which is preserved in the Landesarchiv Berlin
(Berlin State Archives), through cooperation with, or donations, and transfers from archives abroad.
- The Foundation holds in trust the deposit from Edzard Reuter and makes it available to research according to